Terms of Service
Last Updated: May 13, 2020
Your Agreement with Lightcat
When we talk about “Lightcat” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this agreement, we are referring to lightcat.io which we hope You (the “Customer”, “You”, or “Your”) use.
Your use of the Lightcat Service is governed by these Terms. The “Service” means the services Lightcat makes available include our web sites (http://lightcat.io/), our blog, our API, and any other software, sites, and services offered by Lightcat in connection to any of those.
In order to use the Service, You must first agree to the Terms. You understand and agree that Lightcat will treat Your use of the Service as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
Lightcat may make changes to the Terms from time to time. You may reject the changes by terminating Your account. You understand and agree that if You use the Service after the date on which the Terms have changed, Lightcat will treat Your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
The Terms of Service (the “Terms”), the Lightcat Service (as defined herin), and our prices can change at any time. We’ll warn you 30 days in advance of any price changes. We’ll try to warn you about major changes to the Terms or Lightcat, but we make no guarantees.
If you have any question about the Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. You may not use the service unless you are over the age of 13.
2. You must be a human. Account created by automated methods are not permitted.
Use of The Service
1. You must provide accurate and complete registration information any time You register to use the Service.
2. You are responsible for the security of Your passwords and for any use of Your account.
3. Your use of the Service must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
4. You agree to not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Service.
5. Lightcat reserves the right to enforce quotas and usage limits (to any resources, including the API) at its sole discretion, with or without notice, which may result in Lightcat disabling or throttling Your usage of the Service for any amount of time.
6. You may not allow multiple people to use the same account or otherwise access the Service in a manner intended to avoid incurring fees.
Fees for Use of the Service
1. The Service may be provided to You without charge up with certain limits or for a certain “trial” period of time.
2. Usage over this limit (or after the “trial” period) or requires Your purchase of additional resources or services.
3. For all purchased resources and services, we will charge Your credit card on a monthly basis.
4. Payments are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
5. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and You shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
6. You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that You provide to Lightcat may be shared by Lightcat with companies who work on Lightcat's behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to Lightcat and servicing Your account.
7. Lightcat may change its fees and payment policies for the Service by notifying You at least thirty (30) days before the beginning of the billing cycle in which such change will take effect.
Cancellation and Termination
1. You must cancel Your account via support request at http://lightcat.io using your account email. Any other emails or phone requests to cancel Your account will not be considered a cancellation.
2. You will not receive any refunds if You cancel Your account.
3. If You cancel the Service before the end of Your current paid up month, Your cancellation will take effect immediately and You will not be charged again.
4. You agree that Lightcat, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate or suspend Your account. You agree that any termination of Your access to the Service may be without prior notice, and You agree that Lightcat will not be liable to You or any third party for such termination.
The Service may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources or email content. You acknowledge and agree that Lightcat is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources.
License from Lightcat and Restrictions
All of the content available on or through the Service, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics, logos, trade/service marks, and/or audiovisual content, is owned and/or controlled by Lightcat, or other licensors or Service users and is protected, as applicable, by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Service and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Service contain our proprietary information.
Subject to and conditioned upon Your compliance with these Terms, we grant to you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to You by Lightcat as part of the Service as provided to You by Lightcat. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling You to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service as provided by Lightcat, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
You may not (and You may not permit anyone else to): (a) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Service or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless You have been specifically told that You may do so by Lightcat, in writing (e.g., through an open source software license); or (b) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the Service.
Open source software licenses for components of the Service released under an open source license constitute separate written agreements. To the limited extent that the open source software licenses expressly supersede these Terms, the open source licenses govern Your agreement with Lightcat for the use of the components of the Service released under an open source license.
You may not use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other users’ use or enjoyment of the Service.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Service, member accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
Without limiting anything else contained herein, You agree that You shall not (and You agree not to allow any third party to):
1. remove any notices of copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights contained in/on or accessible through the Service or in any content or other material obtained via the Service;
2. use any robot, spider, website search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Service;
3. reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service;
4. use the Service for commercial purposes not permitted under these Terms;
5. create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
6. attempt to defeat any security or verification measure relating to the Service;
7. provide or use tracking or monitoring functionality in connection with the Service, including, without limitation, to identify other users’ actions or activities;
8. impersonate or attempt to impersonate Lightcat or any employee, contractor or associate of Lightcat, or any other person or entity; or
9. collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
For the Markdown Feature, MIT License is applicable:
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
End of speciial license for the Markdown Feature
Our Copyright Dispute Policy
Lightcat respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. It is our policy to terminate the membership of repeat infringers. If You believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
2. identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Lightcat Service (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement);
3. information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and an email address;
4. a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
5. a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notification is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
6. your physical or electronic signature.
Disclaimer of Warranties
If you access the service, you do so at your own risk. We provide the service “as is”, “with all faults” and “as available.” we make no express or implied warranties or guarantees about the service. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim all such warranties, including all statutory warranties, with respect to the service, including without limitation any warranties that the service is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing. We do not guarantee that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be effective, reliable or accurate or will meet your requirements. We do not guarantee that you will be able to access or use the service (either directly or through third-party networks) at times or locations of your choosing. We are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or completeness of information provided by any other users of the service or any other data or information provided or received through the service. Except as expressly set forth herein, Lightcat makes no warranties about the information systems, software and functions made accessible by or through the service or any security associated with the transmission of sensitive information. Lightcat does not warrant that the service will operate error-free, that errors in the service will be fixed, that loss of data will not occur, or that the service or software are free of computer viruses, contaminants or other harmful items. Under no circumstances will Lightcat, any of our affiliates, distributors, partners, licensors, and/or any of our or their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, or other representatives be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the service.
Limitations on Liability
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with us is the cancellation of your registration. In no event shall our total cumulative liability to you for any and all claims relating to or arising out of your use of the service, regardless of the form of action, exceed the total amount of fees, if any, that you paid to utilize the service. In no event shall we be liable to you (or to any third party claiming under or through you) for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages or any bodily injury, emotional distress, death or any other damages arising from your use of or inability to use the service, whether on-line or off-line, or otherwise in connection with the service. These exclusions apply to any claims for lost profits, lost data, loss of goodwill or business reputation, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, any other commercial damages or losses, or any personal injury or property damages, even if we knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Lightcat, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, licensors, suppliers or partners from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to (a) Your breach of the Terms, (b) Your use of the Service, or (c) Your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature.